Saturday, May 30, 2009

Raspberry Freezer Jam


I made some yummy freezer Jam the other day. Since I'm off sugar for a while I used 'Agave' instead of sugar. If you don't know about agave you should pick some up. It's the about the consistency of honey and it's 3 times sweeter than sugar so you use a lot less.
In a large bowl mash up
7 cups of Raspberries
3 small Peaches
10 Strawberries
1 cup Agave Nectar
2 tsp Vanilla (I think Vanilla cuts the tartness of the fruit but it's a personal preference, I add Vanilla to everything)
2 packets of Freezer jam Pectin
Follow the directions on the packet, which basically says stir, put in containers and freeze or refrigerate. Then eat it up Yum!
My favorite way to eat it which completely defeats the purpose of using Agave is putting it over Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream. I need to get some plain Yogurt and try it in that too. Plus it's just good on toast. Which reminds me I want to make whole wheat bread too. Shoot I'm hungry now.

No comments: