Monday, September 15, 2008

Morning Rice



For all the weird names we had for things I don't think this one ever did get a name...
This was made for breakfast
Left-over Cooked Rice (make sure that when you're dishing up dinner you don' t use the sauce spoon for the rice or it will taste funny)
Milk
Brown Sugar (we used to use enough to turn the milk brown... you might choose to use it a bit more sparingly)
Sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg (I like to use Pumpkin Pie Spice for a nice taste)
Butter
I think that's about it. Heat it in the microwave for a minute or so and enjoy a nice warm oatmeal alternative.

2 comments:

sharonhat said...

I love it! I saved the left over rice one night after dinner and David asked why. I told him it was for breakfast with milk. He made me throw it out. Hee Hee. He also thinks corn bread with syrup is gross. My kids love it tho! We just have it when Dad is gone:)

Cate said...

I have a lot of Stevenson classics like that - they only get to come out when the hubby is away - like some dark nasty habit :)