Monday, October 6, 2008

Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole
3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/3 cup butter

Topping:
1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
Combine first seven ingredients and mix until smooth.
Pour into a 2 qt. casserole dish.
Mix all topping ingredients and spread over sweet potato mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
It's fall food time and this has become a new favorite with Ryan's family. So much so it all got eaten up before I could get a picture of it. When I make it I usually use about twice the sweet potatoes and half the sugar because I tend to go a little overboard on the brown sugar topping. It got rave reviews last night even from people who usually don't like sweet potatoes. You have to try it, I promise you won't be sorry.

No comments: