Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Corn Chowder

Corn Chowder
(requested by dad)

Fry until tender:
1/2 pound bacon
2 cups red potatoes
1 cup onion

Mix:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
pepper thyme

Add potatoe mixture and one small can of corn (drained).
Heat until flavors blend. (about an hour)

For my family I at least double it. You can estimate and adjust depending on your family or in my case, who will be home to eat on a certain night.

These are my favorite rolls to make with it altho corn bread is always good and easy.

Oatmeal Rolls

2 c boiling water
1 cup quick oats or regular
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tab butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold water
2 Tab yeast
4 cups flour

Cook quick oats in boiling water for 1 min. Combine brown sugar, butter, salt, and cold water. Add oats and leave till butter melts. Add yeast and flour beat dough and knead for 4 minutes. Let rise till double. Spoonful in balls, let raise 30 min. Bake 350 20-25 minutes.

I love these rolls because you don't have to shape them. They are a little sticky and you just take a large heap on a spoon and let it goop on the pan. I'll take a picture next time. Sorry.
They are really easy and yummy. Amy Hatfield gave me this recipe. Thanks Amy!

2 comments:

Midge said...

Yum, I tried making the Mimi's corn chowder recipe and it didn't turn out right. This one looks easier and much yummier.
I'm so glad you are posting recipes, guilt works every time!

sharonhat said...

I just made this last night. Just a hint. Make sure you cook your bacon first so it is crispy before you add potatoes and onions. If not, your bacon is rubbery and SOME people may complain. Just a suggestion.