Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Roasted Chicken ala Hager

I caught the end of Oprah last week and everyone was making recipes with the chicken they had roasted during the first half of the show. I thought that sounded like a good idea so without really looking at the recipe I bought two chickens. I finally printed out the recipe as I was getting ready to put them in the oven. The marinade for each chicken (so double) was 1 cup of Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup of soy sauce & 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Well I have Dijon, but not that much and I wanted it for my sandwiches. Besides the chickens already cost $5 each (not much cheaper than you can buy them already roasted) and I figured the mustard would probably cost another $3 plus you were suppose to stuff the chickens with "a poultry mix of fresh herbs: rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley and oregano" Isn't that at least another $3.

Anyway, I had lemons. And some "Citrus Grill" seasoning. So I rubbed that on my chickens, stuffed a lemon inside each one (that's from the recipe), covered in foil and cooked at 425 for 2 hours. I came out yummy.

Someone will have to make the Oprah chicken someday and tell me if it was good also. Probably was.

No comments: